"Raising the Flag on Mount Yo Momma" by Juhana Leinonen
[Copyright (C) 2010 Juhana Leinonen <juhana dot if -at- nitku dot net>
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'),
to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS
OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR
OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR
OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
About the source code
This is the source code to Raising the Flag on Mount Yo Momma, release 2.
The game was written in Inform 7, an Interactive Fiction design system based
on natural language. You can download the Inform 7 compiler and IDE
The code was made with Inform 7 build 5Z71. It uses several extensions
available at http://inform7.com/write/extensions/.
Release 3 (2010-02-28)
- The first public release. Essentially the same as 2/beta3.
Release 2/beta3 (2010-02-17)
- Added the in-game hint system.
- Added MIX x AND y and PUT a drink IN something as synonyms to mixing
- Removed the mention of red tape from the guard's description (in the very early versions there was a red tape in front of the VIP area, but it was soon removed.)
- Fixed a bug where giving the lens back to Norbert wouldn't remove the it from the inventory.
- Fixed a bug where searching the table with a bubblegum stuck into it more than once didn't mention the gum again.
- Fixed a similar bug with the jukebox that didn't notify about the volume knob after being searched after the first time.
- There's a slight disambiguation problem with mixed drinks. It was solved with some dubious methods: by trying to prevent any situations where the player would not be carrying the mix in the bar (which is the situation in which the problem manifested itself.)
- Fixed an oversight where even though you could go to the location of an NPC by typing just their name, you couldn't GO TO them, even though you could go to a room by that method.
- Applied some cluestick to the VIP pass puzzle: the Sleaze mentions that he'd like to go to the VIP area.
- More changes in grammar and wordings.
Release 2/beta2 (2010-01-24)
- Changed the order of how the tag puzzle is hinted: now the first problem is that the text is too small, and when the player uses the lens, the game says it's too dark to read.
- Changed the sequence how changing music works: the old button pops up before the music changes.
- Fixed the menu that would show that they serve "cola, spiked tonic..." when the player was carrying spiked drinks.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Sleaze buy any number of drinks at once (the cap is now at 2).
- Fixed the room name in the status bar (it would remove the background color in some interpreters when printing the location within the club).
- Fixed the bug where pouring drinks into anything other than the plant or other drinks would not print anything.
- Added a response to saying "Ralph" and "posse" when Vincent asks who insulted his momma.
- Added an extra description to the cards when the bubblegum is stuck to them to reflect this.
- Made dropping the sweater in the artist hangout to put the sweater back on the chair, not on the table.
- ASK X FOR Y now prints the "use talk to" -hint correctly
- Added the clubbers as a backdrop item.
- Added a description to the lens.
- Added a response to TAKE PLANT.
- Added a sensible response to GIVE COINS TO BARKEEP.
- Added more responses to giving drinks to people.
- Added more responses to insulting people.
- Made it more clear why Ralph reacts only to classical music.
- Made it more clear that there's a brigh light in the dark corner.
- Made it more clear where the exits from the dark corner are (before the MAP help has been displayed).
- Made it more clear that you discard the empty glass after pouring the drinks into the plant.
- Made it more clear that the taser works only on people.
- Changed the message that said it's "better not let Gus know you nicked his sweater" when Gus had already spotted you trying to leave with it.
- Changed the bouncer dialogue to give him a bit more flavor.
- Going UP translates to going to the stage.
- Removed the extra line space that would occasionally occur when answering an unknown name to Vincent.
- Fixed a bug where the response to drinking non-alcoholic drinks would still be "you need to keep your senses sharp."
- Fixed a bug where the game would print "Norbert searches nothing carefully but finds nothing" in some locations.
- Several new synonyms, typo corrections and rephrasings.
- Other minor tweaks and additions.
Release 2 (2010-01-11)
- Fixed a bug where the game would go into an infinite loop after a random number of turns after the player had given Norbert his lens back.
- Fixed a bug where trying to drink drinks would give the "You can't drink that" response.
- Added more responses to insulting people.
- Added some missing descriptions (barkeep, bar counter, stage).
- Added a reasonable response to SET JUKEBOX TO something.
- Made it more obvious that Ralph closes the satchel if we have opened it.
- Minor tweaks to Norbert's description and behavior when he's been beaten up, for example he doesn't start wandering before we have noticed that he's missing his lens.
- Fixed a bug where pouring stuff into something requred both objects to be held, which made pouring drinks into the plant not work.
- Fixed the coin description that said the coins had been found from inside a sofa.
- Fixed a bug that prevented special descriptions when the jukebox rap button is jammed and Ralph pushes it.
- Changed the prompt when insulting Vincent from ? to "You reply:" to make it more clear that the game expects an answer.
- Other minor bug fixes and typo corrections.
Release 1 (2010-01-01)
- Initial release. Played in ClubFloyd (http://www.allthingsjacq.com/interactive_fiction.html#clubfloyd) January 9th 2010.